Last Updated: June 12, 2013
FRIDAY, August 9, 2013
12:00 pm Promenade on Main Street
- Remember the old Edmonton Klondike Days? Let yourself be thrown back in time, dust off your bonnets and derbies and join us for our retro parade! Meet at the Candler Art Gallery, 5002-50 St, Camrose. Ends at the Opening Ceremony at the Bailey Theatre.
1:00 - 2:00pm Ceremony at Bailey Theatre - please note the change in location from previous years (was at Founders Square).
2:00 – 3:00 pm Reception Bailey Theatre
- This year honoring Chester Ronning - Meet & Greet Founders family members, committee members - community members are very welcome to drop in. Everyone Welcome! Take this wonderful opportunity to meet new friends and old.
- Refreshments will be served featuring delectable Norwegian fare provided the Lefse House. City of Camrose Historical Inventory Open House – Committee members will bring you up to date on this exciting project regarding preservation of structures in Camrose. Please come learn more about various historical architectural fads and fashions.
2:00 pm Nature and History Exploration Tour by the Battle River Watershed Alliance
- Don’t miss the extraordinary Founders Day event. Join Battle River Watershed Alliance members and discover the past, current and future reality of Stony Creek and Mirror Lake. This tour is designed for everyone from 1 to100 years old. Stops will include investigations into the natural world, including a look at the creatures living in the lake!
- Meet Nathalie and friends just outside the Bill Fowler Centre, adjacent to Mirror Lake Park, for this fascinating look at our local urban water system.
- Tour is about 1 hour in length
3:00 pm Historical Walk
- Join Glenda Rott, in character as Signe Spokkeli Hills, first Camrose school teacher. She brings the Old Sparling community to life in this 1.5 hour walking tour and will entertain with stories of classrooms long past.
7:00pm Graveyard Tour (meet at the 43 Ave entrance)
- John Person, longtime Camrose resident will once again lead this excellent tour of Camrose’s wonderfully maintained Valleyview Cemetery. Learn fascinating facts about our local cemetery and burial grounds in general.
8:30pm Ghost Walk lead by Janine Carroll
- Odd noises, creepy feelings, whispers on the wind? More and more stories are being gathered by the “ghost lady”. Come hear some of the old favorites and some new. The Ghost “walk” will begin at the Valleyview Cemetery (43 Ave entrance). Two busses will be available this year to tour you through various areas of ghostly interest.
- For ease of parking, one bus will pick people up from the Edgeworth parking lot, 4512 - 53 Street. The bus will leave the parking lot at 8:30 and travel the few blocks to the cemetery. The first story will take place near the 43 Ave entrance.
SATURDAY August 10th, 2013
10:00 am – 5:00 pm An Old Fashioned Garden Party at the Railway Station
- A day designed for family fun! Enjoy the taste of scrumptious homemade pie while listening to the wonderful tones of the Morley Riske Band from the garden gazebo. Old fashioned games, old fashioned crafts and a full day of Trains! Ride the Mirror Lake Express free of charge, watch trains wind around the Railway Garden communities, complete to G Scale, have your picture taken with a Percy-like engine!
- Delicious Whistle Dog lunch available on site! Excellent White Elephant Gift Shop sale!
10:00 – 5:00 – Camrose Vintage Garden Tractor Show (NEW EVENT) Camrose Resort and Casino
- Showing vintage, unique and rare garden tractors for all years, makes and models
- Saturday August 10th 10:00am-4:00pm Camrose Resort and Casino
- Equipment and Attachment Operation
- Local Equipment Dealers on Location
- Fun Activities and Games for Entire Family
- Toy and Collectors Tables
- Auction of Collectable Un-restored Garden Tractor(s)
7:00 pm – “Mail Order Annie” Dessert Theatre at the Bailey Theatre
Join local director Sandra McClay and talented cast for this brilliant production, “Mail Order Annie”.
Within the pages of magazine ‘Western Home Monthly’ was a lonely hearts column that received up to 1500 letters a month!
The play is dedicated to the thousands of mail order brides who braved the journey to Canada’s great western prairies between 1905-1925 to meet and marry complete strangers. Some came in search of adventure and romance; others, a simple home and family. Whatever the reason, these brave women helped shape the future of a nation.
Follow the adventure of one young bride as she passes through a rural prairie railway station in 1923, and follow her unique life on the prairies – the depression years, WW ll and the return of post war prosperity.
Tickets are just $20 each, available at the Railway Station, Chamber of Commerce Visitors Centre, Bailey Theatre or call 780-672-3099.
Not one - but two delicious, decadent desserts will accompany the theatre show, catered by the Lefse House.
SUNDAY August 11th, 2013
10:00am - 2:00pm Camrose Vintage Garden Tractor Show (NEW EVENT)Viewing and Judging of Garden Tractors at the Camrose Norsemen Inn (please note change of venue)
- Children’s Tractor Pull
- Awards for Best in Show, Farthest Travelled, Best in Class (3 classes)
- Largest Group
- Rarest Piece
- People’s Choice Award
At the Camrose Centennial Museum
- Family fun all day long! So much to see in the Museum Village – vintage vehicles in the Firehall, see Camrose Canadian as it used to be, Blacksmith Shop, Garage, R.C.M.P., Machine Building, Oldtimers Hut, Mona Sparling Building, The Lugs N' Cleats building, our Sod Hut replica, The Likeness School, St. Dunstan's Church, and the Pioneer Home!
10:30 am – 11:30 am Community Church Service
- Reverend Ray returns to the historic St. Dunstan Church which is located at the Camrose Centennial Museum grounds. This is a perfect place to rejoice and reflect!
11:30 am – 5:00 pm
Join the Camrose & District Horticultural Society celebrate their 100th year! What an incredible milestone for this very active club, and what a legacy they have created in their local projects of caring for the roses at the Bill Fowler Centre, caring for the phenomenal Rosehaven Courtyard and organization of their annual Rose City Rose & Lily Show. Please join the Horticultural ladies for delicious 100th anniversary cake and refreshments. Enjoy their incredible display of midsummer flowers, berries and veggies as well as historic society memorabilia including early minute books and photo albums.
The Camrose & District Craft Centre will have an amazing display – with demonstrations and special items for sale – be sure to stop by!
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm - Blacksmith demonstrations Watch as guest ‘smithy Jerry recreates some old time memories using this very outdated process
2:00 pm – “Mail Order Annie” encore performance at the Bailey Theatre $10/ticket (not a dessert theatre).